Thursday, July 24, 2008

Souvenirs in Perspective Around the World

Good Afternoon S!

Its Thursday, July 24th, and I've found a new toy!

I've seen a lot of the "digg this" icons around news stories, blogs and websites I've been to over the past little while, so I thought I'd go see what all them crazy kids are yammering on about (and by crazy kids, I mean people my age...)
:)

It's so awesome! There is an entire section dedicated to travel and places, so you know I'm going to love it. One of the highest dug websites on the travel list is this flickr account. The guy goes all over the world, collecting various souvenirs and incoporates them into a picture hes taking of a location... so for instance, a miniature figuring of Don Quixote is placed among windmills in Spain. All you see of this guy throughout the pictures is his hand holding up various items. Super awesome and random. You'll like it I promise (click title of post for link to his account).

From the Photographer: "Souvenirs is an ongoing book project. Catch an interview with me at; www.youtube.com/user/koolinsky and then go to www.hughes-photography.eu get something to remind you of your visit!"
Check it out when you're bored (when are we ever not bored, I ask you)

Don't forget to be awesome, S!
-xo

1 comment:

S said...

How delightfully enjoyable...
Picture still doesnt work, just FYI but still very awesome
:-)
S