Thursday, July 9, 2009

Super serious post time!

I am VERY excited to tell all the people who mosey on by my blog that I have officially started preparations necessary to go abroad sometime in the 2010-2011 year. It will either be a work abroad 4 months OR a semester/year abroad for school. I haven't quite decided yet. I figured that the best bet was to explore the many options that I have before finalizing my decision. The majority of the research I am conducting so far is exactly how much it would cost me, how much I could get as a government grant or scholarship and how easy it would be to get a job in the countries I am researching. I have wanted this for so long, and I'm finally going to take the steps to (hopefully) make it actually happen. I feel like I can actually accomplish this. I have been in a huge unhappy rut for quite a while - never going anywhere, always feeling like I'm not actually seeing or doing anything that I want to do. I'm taking a leaf from S's book and am going after what I actually want - an opportunity to grow, enhance my technical skills before grad school, and feel part of something awesome. Who wants to work for a lousy retail outlet in a mall, when you could know that you are -at any moment - actually helping someone learn. Knowing that people get a better grasp on culture, on situations and on singular people from some little thing I've said or done gives me a thrill, and I hope to be able to pass that along.

I'm tired of being stuck in a no-win scenario

So I guess I'll have to make a new scenario for myself :\

I'll update you as I make adjustments to my plans (if anything actually ever gets done!) and I'll definitely be blogging about my adventures in the future.

Love and awesomeness,

C.

4 comments:

S said...

EEEE!! Thats so cool!! Where are you thinking about going???
What about Destination Christmas 2010? Is that a no-go now?

I am super proud of you!
You can do this!
:-)
S

Unknown said...

well jeeze. that would be just about the coolest thing ever. please come back eventually though. who would order two pizzas with me.. even when just one will sufice?

C said...

awee thanks for the support guys.

Destination Christmas 2010 is a no-go, for the sole reason that 2 of our people don't want to partake because of the expense, dear S. It is both highly unfortunate and also makes for yet another crap christmas at Eddy's house. boo.

T: I will come back, eventually. We can order pizzas (obviously a medium each) and eat over skype or something.

I have no idea if i'm acutally going through with this. Srs money guyz.

S said...

Think positive :-) Start putting away whatever you can from each pay cheque. Thats all I did, a year and a hlaf of saving $100 a week when I could off each pay cheque .. adds up pretty quick! Especially if you can get a job in whatever host country you go to. That will help a lot!